In the Beginning...
This is the 1st blog for our company and my first blog so here goes. In the beginning there was design/build and we are one of the pioneering companies in the mid west that started using this method of project delivery. We were one of the first to incorporate the practice of architecture with construction all housed under one roof. That was around 1980, and we have been providing and perfecting this service ever since. Design/build has now become the preferred method of project delivery and now encompasses the majority of all buildings three stories and under nation wide. The buildings below are representative of the types of projects we have constructed using design/build method.
- Faster Delivery - collaborative project management means work is completed faster with fewer problems.
- Cost Savings - an integrated team is geared toward efficiency and innovation.
- Better Quality - design-builders meet performance needs, not minimum design requirements, often developing innovations to deliver a better project than initially imagined.
- Singular Responsibility - one entity is held accountable for cost, schedule and performance.
- Decreased Administrative Burden - owners can focus on the project rather than managing disparate contracts.
- Reduced Risk - the design-build team assumes additional risk.
- Reduced Litigation Claims - by closing warranty gaps owners virtually eliminate litigation claims. If you have an interest in learning more about design/build please let me know.